Vacancy: Animal caretaker for the animal facilities
City: Vall de Bianya, Olot (Girona)
Working time: full day
Length of the contract: Stable contract
Specific task in the workplace:
- Responsible for the maintenance, cleaning and care of the animal facilities.
- In charge of the typical duties in animal facilities as an Animal Health Technician, bleedings, vaccination and inoculation (in case of not having the accredited training, the company will provide it)
- Support the technicians and researchers in all of those experimental procedures which require it.
- Execute the procedures of Surface decontamination according to the different SOPs in the facilities.
- Control and maintenance of all the devices in the animal facilities, as well as the tasks related to cleaning and preparation of the facilities, clothing, footwear and/or material.
- Perform guards at the weekends and public holidays to take care of the animals that are part of a study.
- Work under confidentiality and secrecy in the application of procedures and tasks assignment.
- Species treated: big animals (porcine, bovine, ovine, avian….)
- Preferably a qualification in FP2 Laboratory Technician, equivalent or higher.
- Preferably with a qualification in Livestock technician and Animal Health Assistance.
- Intermediate level of English in Reading.
- Driving licence and own car.
- Flexible timetable.
- Availability to work at the weekends and on public holidays.
- Non-apprehensive person to work in the animal facilities: with animals under biocontainment, active and responsible, with initiative and willingness to learn.
- Since the tasks are performed in high biosecurity level facilities, be aware of the existence of restrictions on out-of-centre contact with farm animals and other animals susceptible to the illnesses included in the OIE list, such as rabbits, cows, sheep… and accept the quarantine rules.
- Experience in the world of Research and/or R&D will be valued.
It will be considered:
- Having experience in animal management and care of farm animals.
- Having the accreditation as personal carer and experimenter in animals for experimentation and other scientific purposes by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Catalan Government), equivalent to category B FELASA and actual function A+B+C of O.M. ECC 566/2015.
- Experience in the management of specific workplaces with SPF barriers and biocontainment zones.
- Communications skills and personnel relation (internal and external)
- Work scheduling and planning
- Problem-solving capacity
- Rigor in tidiness and at work
- Initiative and motivation